Supporting businesses with COVID-19 planning, risk, governance and technology services.
"Simon greatly impressed me with his depth of professionalism, enthusiasm and technical know-how from the point of scoping, right through to final delivery for our client in the execution of a Mid-Project Review. In a very short time Simon established key measurement areas, risks, developed action plans and execution strategy to help us achieve mid project review success"
Anthony Beasley MD @ ASG
"...Simon's insights on mining finance were very valuable..."
Accelerator Program Manager
Technology strategy and funding application consulting services
Risk consulting services including business continuity planning, audits, cyber security, risk assessment and organisational framework development. e.g. business planning for Covid-19
Po Box 50, Nerang, Queensland, 4211Australia
▪ Emergency Relief Program Search (Queensland Government)
▪ Salvation Army Disasters and Emergencies Support - phone 1300 662 217
▪ Lifeline (Mental health and wellbeing) - phone 13 11 14
▪ Beyondblue (Mental health and wellbeing) - phone 1300 224 636
▪ Headspace (Youth mental health and wellbeing) - phone 1800 650 890
▪ Information for Businesses, Employees and Jobseekers
▪ Help from other Government agencies
Phone: 13 28 46
Australian Government Support for Small Businesses and Industry - The Australian Government is supporting Australian businesses to manage cash flow challenges and retain employees.
▪ Boosting Cash flow for Employers - Provides up to $100,000 back to small and medium-sized businesses, with a minimum payment of $20,000 for eligible businesses. The payment will be tax free
▪ Supporting Apprentices and Trainees Measure - Eligible employers can apply for a wage subsidy of 50% of their apprentice’s or trainee’s wage paid during 1 January 2020 to 30 September 2020
▪ Additional Information for Sole Traders - Increased instant asset write-off and accelerated depreciation measures for sole traders
▪ Casual employees – The Government is making support payments quicker to access by waiving the usual waiting period periods for casual employees
▪ Increased and Accelerated Income Support Payments for Sole Traders and Employees - This link includes examples and scenarios relating to Sole Traders and recently retrenched employees
▪ Temporary relief for financially distressed businesses - The Government is temporarily increasing the threshold at which creditors can issues a statutory demand
▪ Support for immediate cash flow needs for SMEs – Under the Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme, the Government will provide a guarantee of 50% to support short-term loans.
▪ Supporting individuals and households - The Australian Government is providing financial assistance which includes income support, payments to households, temporary early release of superannuation
▪ Early access to superannuation - Sole traders or casual workers with an income or hours reduced by 20% or more, access up to $10,000 of the superannuation tax-free
▪ Rural Financial Counselling Service - Any rural small business impacted by COVID19 can now contact the Small Business Financial Counselling Service in the following areas:
Southern Queensland – phone (07) 4622 5500
North Queensland – phone (07) 4652 5669
▪ Fair Work Ombudsman – Workplace Obligations and Entitlements – Help and advice for employers and employees with entitlements during this time
Access the Business Queensland website to see the very latest COVID-19 news, updates and
• Payroll tax relief package is a range of payroll tax relief measures including refunds of payroll tax, payroll tax holiday and deferrals. A portal has been established on the Business Queensland website for businesses to apply for payroll tax relief
• Small and medium business power bill relief: Small and medium businesses may be eligible for a $500 rebate off their energy bill
• Rent relief: For small businesses who rent premises from the State Government.
• Liquor licensing: The Queensland Government COVID-19 economic relief package includes waiving of 2020–21 liquor licencing fees
• QRIDA Jobs Support Loans: This scheme is for Queensland businesses and non-profit organisations financially affected by COVID-19. Eligible business types include sole traders, partnerships, private and public companies and trusts.
• Business Mentoring Assistance - Mentoring for Growth: The Mentoring for Growth program has mentors ready to connect with impacted small businesses and may be able to provide tailored support including financial mentoring and business planning.
• Financial Resilience Workshops: Delivered by TAFE Queensland, workshops will provide you with practical tools and skills to build business resilience. You will also have an opportunity to connect and network with other small businesses facing similar issues.
• Market Diversification and Resilience Grants: To help develop alternative markets for food and fishing exporters and critical supply chain partners.
▪ Waivers of some registration and licencing fees for Inbound Tour Operators, commercial activity agreements and permits , and variations to liquor licenses
▪ Supply Chain Issues: The Queensland Government is committed to assisting Queensland manufacturers and businesses that are currently impacted by the ongoing coronavirus situation. If you are finding it difficult to obtain vital materials and supplies to remain open, please access the link and complete your details
▪ The Worker Transition Scheme is for workers who may find themselves without work
Please Note: If you have not already, businesses are invited to complete an online Business Impact Evaluation so the State Government can fully capture the actual impact to small business at this point of time. Also contact your Regional Local Government Authority for latest grants and support.
▪ Australian Banking Association: Small business relief, deferral of loans
▪ Chamber of Commerce & Industry Qld: Sign up for their Business Essentials subscription by 31st March 2020 and pay nothing for 12 months.
Please note the above links will change and to stay up to date please refer to the Business Queensland website and it is suggested you regularly visit this site to stay in touch with the most up to date information.
Copyright © 2020 Simon Orton Advisory Pty Ltd - All Rights Reserved.